Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Wow what a Mother's day!

  After past years lacking in feeling special, this has got to be my best Mother's Day yet!  My day started out with my husband getting the kids ready and  I went to a very filling brunch with my husband and kids.  Even though I had to finish my work when I got home, I kept my window open so I could talk to them out front.  I even snuck outside a few times to play, talk, and help my daughter start to learn to ride her bike with no training wheels.  I finished work in time to even get a short outing to the park with all the kids!!  My gifts were them straightening most of the house (with dad's help!) and my husband cleaning my car (getting all the cheerios, etc out).  I only asked for the clean house so the car was a bonus! = )
  I was supposed to get a monthly visitor on Saturday, but she failed to appear.  I took a test first thing Sunday morning only to have a big fat negative.  Hours later I told my husband & pulled it out of the trash to show him and there was a faint line that wasn't there before.  After many tests when TTC #3 I know that normally a line does not appear (at least for me).  This sparked my curiosity so after we put the kids down for the night I took another...this one came back with a faint positive.  I went to bed so excited!  It took 10 months to conceive #3 and now it had taken another 9-12 months TTC #4.  When I woke up this morning, I being me, took a third test.  This test also came back with a faint line.  I went to add it to my "collection" to compare, only to find that the test from the night before had changed.  The faint line making it positive had DISAPPEARED!!!
  I spent all day upset & confused.  I still hadn't had my visitor, but what is up with these tests???  My hubby pointed out that while there were not expired, they were "cheap" ones (Dollar store & Walmart brand) and I had stored them in a bathroom cabinet so the moisture could have messed with them...maybe?  I, of course, took that to mean head out to the store & buy a name brand test.  I went with E.P.T.  That is what I used with all the other pregnancies...it is my "lucky" brand.  I mean how can you go wrong when the name of the test is ERROR PROOF TEST!  He wanted me to wait until morning...which I can still do since it is a 2-pack...but I couldn't wait.  I had to take one test tonight!

  The best gift for Mother's Day that I got was finding out I am pregnant!!!!  Obviously, it is only the size of a poppy seed right now & so much could happen.  We have always rushed to tell people.  This is our 4th (and probably last) pregnancy.  We want to revel in it, enjoy it, take it all in.  We are waiting to tell family & friends until the second trimester.  I am going to do my best to wait that long, but I think my kids might notice...maybe?  It will be hard, but I hope I can do it.  I waited until delivery to find out what #3 would be and I NEVER thought I could wait.  It was amazing not knowing and finding out at the end.  I found I am stronger than I knew.  If, by chance, someone who knows me reads this...please do not tell anyone.  Please respect our wishes. 

The Zookeeper

No comments:

Post a Comment